Italian Photos Newsletter
On-Site Italian Research
Jewish Italian Research
Called Parthenicum in the Itinerary of Antoninus, at the beginning of the 3rd century and by Arab historians. In Norman times it was inhabited mainly by Muslims who cultivated cotton and henna. Abandoned in 1309, it became a possession of the Cistercians of Santa Maria di Altofonte who improved the territory and re-founded the town.
Of interest is the Civic Museum which displays archaeological finds of the area, contemporary art, and an anthropological section including various instruments and Sicilian carts.
Churches (Monreale Diocese) include the following:
Families researched in those records include the following:
Links to other sites about Partinico include: