Italian Photos Newsletter
On-Site Italian Research
Jewish Italian Research
Cinisi (Palermo Province) is 33 km. from Palermo, alt. 73 m., on the slopes of Pizzo Corvo, near the Tyrrhenian shore, area 33.2 sq. km., pop. over 9600, post-code 90045, tel. 091. Economy: agriculture, industry (furniture, cement).
Under the Arabs, it may have been the site of a hamlet. In 1383, it became a fief of the Benedictine monks of San Martino delle Scale, who at the beginning of the 17th century, built a court here, which was the nucleus of the modern town.
The court stands at the end of the long main thoroughfare and houses the town hall.
Churches (Monreale Diocese) include the following:
Families researched in these records include the following:
Links to other sites about Cinisi include: