On-Site Italian Research
Jewish Italian Research
Chiusa Sclafani (Palermo Province) is 80 km. from Palermo, alt. 658 m., on the northwest face of Cozzo Ruzzolone, in the mid-valley of the River Sosio, area 57.4 sq. km., pop. over 3,600, post-code 90033, tel. 091. Economy: agriculture, stockbreeding, timber industries.
Count Matteo Sclafani founded Chiusa in 1320, on the site of an ancient hamlet. In 1354 it became a fief of the Peralta family, and later (second half of the 15th century) of the Cordovas, the Gioienis and the Colonnas.
Of interest is the Monastero della Badia.
Churches (Monreale Diocese) include the following:
Families we've researched in these records include the following:
Links to other sites about Chiusa Sclafani include: